Back after a nice Christmas break I'm slowly easing myself into the swing of things by working on some surface decorations. I've used my plaster mould to give this plate some shape but added bumps to it in order to create a more organic feel. I am not sure whether this is really successful but it is worth a try.
However, I did realise that I chose the wrong clay for this. It has such low internal strength and placidity that it started cracking around the edges even though I had used that clay directly from the bag, i.e. really quite wet. I will reserve the rest of this clay bag for throwing, which suits it well.